Su.doku.es pointed me to the Akari / Light Bulb puzzle available via Web Nikoli. Although Slitherlink is still my favorite Akari is worth looking at.
The Akari / Light Bulb puzzle was developed by Nikoli in 2001. This puzzle has a very simple rule (like Slitherlink), but guide you a logical complex world.
Light up all empty squares by placing light bulbs according to the following rules:
– A number indicates how may light bulbs are next to it, vertically and horizontally
– Each light bulb illuminates all unblocked squares in its row and column
– Every square must be illuminated
– One light bulb must never illuminate by another light bulb
– When all rooms are illuminated, it’s finished
Akari Tutorial at Nikoli website. Happy Puzzling!
UPDATE : Nikoli’s Akari puzzles are now also available for iPhone and iPod Touch.
Tags: Puzzle Game | iPhone