Daniele Benedettelli is back again with his latest Lego Mindstorm Rubik’s Cube Solver called LRU (Lego Rubik Utopy). Since the previous version of his Rubik’s Cube solver things have changed significantly.
Danny studied the situation and improved by having now a more powerful hardware and self-made software that solves the cube optimally (the solution, if found, is the shortest possible). You can notice that LRU quite inspired by JP Brown’s robot. Even if it misses an arm, it can grab, rotate the cube and a single face.
The overall impression is about a cool streamlined robot. It uses 2 LEGO Mindstorm NXT bricks (communicating via Bluetooth), 4 servomotors and 2 light sensors.
You can read the latest information in his article called “Lego Rubik Utopy – NXT Rubik’s cube solver” and don’t forget to add his website to your favorites because more information, software updates and video’s are coming up. Happy Puzzling!
Check out other Rubik’s Cube Robots solving Rubik’s Cube:
– CubeStormer – The Worlds Fastest Lego Mindstorms Speedcubing Robot
– RuBot II – The Fastest Robot Set A New Guinness World Record For Solving Rubik’s Cube
– Tilted Twister – a Lego Mindstorms Rubik’s Cube Robot
– Kawasaki’s Rubik Solving Robot
– RuBot II – The Rubik’s cube solving robot
– FischerTechnic Rubik’s Cube Solver Robot
Tags: Rubik’s Cube | Lego | Mindstorm