The New York Times has just released a new crosswords app for the iPhone and iPod touch. It is designed to closely mirror the print crossword experience, with a simple user interface and three different puzzle views. It features daily puzzles from the newspaper, 30 classic puzzles edited by Will Shortz, The Times’ Crossword editor, and an additional archive of more than 4,000 puzzles.
Other features include the ability to:
– Send messages and compare your solve times with friends online.
– Compete against top players via the online leader boards.
– Listen to the in-game soundtrack or your favorite tunes from your iPod.
– write in ‘pen’ or ‘pencil’.
– Solve puzzles on the grid or directly from the clues list.
– Highlight related clues automatically.
– Check or reveal letters, words or the entire puzzle.
– View the front page of that day’s New York Times newspaper.
An interactive tutorial acquaints new customers with the features of the application. It is available for a one-time cost of US$ 9.99 through the Apple app store. The app was developed by Magmic Games. Happy Puzzling!
Tags: NYT | Crossword | iPhone | iPod