Weblog > Shape Builder – iPhone iPod Preschool Learning Puzzle Game
Shape Builder is the must have app for your iPhone or iPod if you have toddlers and is made by Darren Murtha and Chris Lott for kids in preschool, kindergarten, and first grade.
Shape Builder educates and entertains preschoolers with easy to move shapes that snap into place on top of silhouette puzzles. Each puzzle has 5 to 10 pieces and after positioning all of the pieces, the real image is revealed along with a professional voice recording of the word spoken by a licensed speech therapist, Jill Dews. Shape Builder encourages cognitive thinking and fine motor skills plus exposes young minds to new music instruments, animals, produce, objects and the alphabet in a fun and engaging format with lots of sound effects. Shape Builder is one of the most complete apps out there. It exercises puzzle-solving, learning the alphabet and words.
- Total of 120 puzzles
- 24 Music instruments with sound effects
- 17 Fruits & Vegetables
- 37 Animals – awesome sound effects
- 26 Letters – speech therapist sounds out each letter in a fun way
- 16 other fun items like Firetruck, and Police Officer
- Random play resets after all puzzles are completed